Monday, March 23, 2009

Bread Baking Tip

Firstly, let me apologise for not having a recipe up for a while. It's been... ummmmmm... busy down here lately.

There are several recipes that I've been meaning to put up, and I also want to put my homebrewing hijinks here too.

In the meantime (or at least today) here's a tip to make really soft bread. Or rolls, or whatever bread-like substance you happen to put in the oven.

Fill up a small pie dish (or something similar) with hot water. Put it on the lowest rack of your oven and preheat the oven. Once the oven is preheated, then put in your bread or rolls.

Ultra soft crust! And a very nice texture too. I've been doing this for the past few months and M-I-L, B-I-L, and Wifey-Poo won't have the bread any other way now.

3 comments:

Suzer said...

Hey didn't you have an olive tapenade recipe on here somewhere, or was it on the other blog?

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Yeah, I think that's one I haven't had a chance to transfer over yet. Give me a sec to find it, no worries.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Found it, give me a sec to clean up my foul-mouthed langauge and take out the sections not involving food :)